LEVEL 1 WATER SHORTAGE RESTRICTIONS
SAVE WATER NOW
Let’s conserve together
The District Board of Directors approved Resolution 23-04 on May 9, 2023 rescinding the Level 2 Water Shortage Restrictions and moved to Level 1 Water Shortage Restrictions. Although California has experienced a climate shift from the driest years, to now some of the wettest weeks, the District still asks everyone to continue conservation practices. We are still in a drought and need to be prepared to change the way we think and use water since future droughts may be just as severe or worse.
District’s Level 1 Regulations:
· Limits on Watering Hours – Before 9:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday only
· Limit on Watering Duration – Watering is limited to no more than ten minutes per day per station
· No Excessive Water Runoff – Runoff or any water flow from landscape areas onto hard surfaces or pavement is prohibited
· Large Landscape Areas – must use landscape irrigation systems with rain sensors or evapotranspiration sensors to set an efficient water use schedule
· Obligation to Fix Leaks, Breaks or Malfunctions – Leaks must be repaired within 72 hours of notification from District
· Limits on Washing Vehicles – When washing your vehicle your hose must be equipped with a self-closing spray nozzle
Take Advantage of CIBCSD’S SMART WATER METERS – CIBCSD’s smart water meters are a great way for residents to keep track of their water usage in real-time using the EyeOnWater app.
Use of this app is free to residents and is available on computers, android, and iPhone users. Please check out our smart meter application at https://eyeonwater.com/
CIBCSD appreciates your help!